- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Lake Shaftsbury State Park. You'll find a swimming beach, nature trails, boat and canoe rentals, and a snack bar at this pretty park. 262 Shaftsbury State Park Rd., 10½ miles north of Bennington, Bennington, VT, 05262. 802/375–9978. www.vtstateparks.com/htm/shaftsbury.htm.
Woodford State Park. This park has an activities center on Adams Reservoir, a playground, boat and canoe rentals, and nature trails. 142 State Park Rd., 10 miles east of Bennington, Bennington, VT, 05201. 802/447–7169. www.vtstateparks.com/htm/woodford.htm.
Long Trail. Four miles east of Bennington, the Long Trail crosses Route 9 and runs south to the top of Harmon Hill. Allot two or three hours for this steep hike. Bennington, VT.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's