- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
A few miles south of Burlington, the Champlain Valley gives way to fertile farmland, affording stunning views of the rugged Adirondacks across the lake. In the middle of this farmland is the village of Shelburne (and just farther south, beautiful and more rural Charlotte), chartered in the mid-18th century and partly a bedroom community for Burlington. Stunning Shelburne Farms is worth at least a few hours of exploring, as are Shelburne Orchards in fall when you can pick your own apples and drink fresh cider while admiring breathtaking views of the lake and mountains beyond.
Shelburne at a Glance
Elsewhere in Northern Vermont
- The Craftsburys
- East Burke
- Lake Champlain Islands
- Lake Willoughby
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's