- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Rabbit Hill Inn
At a Glance
- attractive, spacious rooms
- lovely grounds
- good food
- might be too quiet a setting for some
Rabbit Hill Inn Review
Few inns in New England have the word-of-mouth buzz that Rabbit Hill seems to earn from satisfied guests. Most of the spacious, elegant rooms have fireplaces, two-person whirlpool tubs, and views of the Connecticut River and New Hampshire's White Mountains. The grounds have 10 acres of walking trails. The intimate candlelit dining room serves a three- or five-course prix-fixe dinner ($$$$) featuring contemporary new American and regional dishes such as grilled venison loin with cranberry-juniper orange glaze. Afternoon tea in the parlor, horseshoes, garden strolls—this inn is great for small pleasures.
- Address: Rte. 18, 11 mi south of St. Johnsbury, 48 Lower Waterford Rd., Lower Waterford, VT 05848 | Map It
- Phone: 802/748–5168; 802/748–5168
- Website: www.rabbithillinn.com
- Location: St. Johnsbury
- 19 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed 1st 3 wks in Apr., 1st 2 wks in Nov.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
This week, my friend invited me up to visit her Stowe, Vermont. Read more
I know this is a somewhat suggestive title and a little misleading. Read more
We have a family wedding early November, 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, ... Read more
Rustic ski lodges, snow-lined streets, and maple syrup as far as the eye can see... Embrace the winte... Read more
Winter may be for snow sports, and summer for swimming, but there is no shortage of outdoor activities... Read more