- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
The Wildflower Inn
At a Glance
- mega kid-friendly nature resort
- best of the Northeast Kingdom's expansiveness
- most rooms are simply furnished
The Wildflower Inn Review
The hilltop views are breathtaking at this rambling, family-oriented complex of old farm buildings on 570 acres. Guest rooms in the restored Federal-style main house and three other buildings are furnished with reproductions and contemporary furnishings. In summer, supervised day and evening programs engage the kids, allowing parents to explore the many nature trails on their own. Kids can play with farm animals at the petting barn, go biking, and play tennis and volleyball. In winter sleigh rides, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing are popular. Junipers ($–$$; closed Sunday) serves comfort food such as meat loaf and lemon herb chicken and offers a kids' menu.
- Address: 2059 Darling Hill Rd., 5 mi west of East Burke Lyndonville, VT 05851 | Map It
- Phone: 802/626–8310; 800/627–8310
- Website: www.wildflowerinn.com
- Location: East Burke
- 10 rooms, 13 suites, 1 cottage.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Apr. and Nov.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
This week, my friend invited me up to visit her Stowe, Vermont. Read more
I know this is a somewhat suggestive title and a little misleading. Read more
We have a family wedding early November, 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, ... Read more
Rustic ski lodges, snow-lined streets, and maple syrup as far as the eye can see... Embrace the winte... Read more
Winter may be for snow sports, and summer for swimming, but there is no shortage of outdoor activities... Read more