- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Basin Harbor Club
At a Glance
- gorgeous lakeside property
- activities galore
- open only half the year
Check Rates from our Partners
Basin Harbor Club Review
On 700 acres overlooking Lake Champlain, this ultimate family resort provides luxurious accommodations and a full roster of amenities, including an 18-hole golf course, boating (with a 40-foot tour boat), a 3,200-foot grass airstrip, and daylong children's programs. Some rooms in the guesthouses have fireplaces, decks, or porches. The rustic, camp-like cottages are charming and have one to three bedrooms. The restaurant menu ($$–$$$) is classic American, the wine list excellent. Jackets and ties are required in common areas after 6 pm from late June through Labor Day.
- Address: 4800 Basin Harbor Rd., Vergennes, VT 05491 | Map It
- Phone: 802/475–2311; 800/622–4000
- Website: www.basinharbor.com
- Location: Vergennes
- 36 rooms, 2 suites in 3 guesthouses, 77 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.–mid-May.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
This week, my friend invited me up to visit her Stowe, Vermont. Read more
I know this is a somewhat suggestive title and a little misleading. Read more
We have a family wedding early November, 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski,... Read more
Rustic ski lodges, snow-lined streets, and maple syrup as far as the eye can see... Embrace the winte... Read more
Winter may be for snow sports, and summer for swimming, but there is no shortage of outdoor activities... Read more