- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire
Basin Harbor Club
At a Glance
- gorgeous lakeside property
- activities galore
- open only half the year
Check Rates from our Partners
Basin Harbor Club Review
On 700 acres overlooking Lake Champlain, this ultimate family resort provides luxurious accommodations and a full roster of amenities, including an 18-hole golf course, a 48-foot tour boat, and morning and evening children's programs. The rustic, camp-like cottages are charming and have one to three bedrooms, as well as fireplaces, decks, or porches. The restaurant menu is classic American, and the wine list is excellent. Jackets and ties are required in common areas after 6 pm from late June through Labor Day.
- Address: 4800 Basin Harbor Rd., Vergennes, VT 05491 | Map It
- Phone: 802/475–2311; 800/622–4000
- Website: www.basinharbor.com
- Location: Vergennes
- 32 rooms, 14 suites in 3 guesthouses, 73 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.–mid-May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This week, my friend invited me up to visit her Stowe, Vermont. Read more
I know this is a somewhat suggestive title and a little misleading. Read more
We are planning a family vacation with our 14 yr old daughter and 17 yr old son. Read more
· News & Features
Plenty of mountain towns have craft breweries, but many now boast craft distilleries, too. ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski,... Read more