Top Reasons to Go
Small-town charm: Vermont rolls out a seemingly never-ending supply of tiny, charming towns made of steeples, general stores, village squares, red barns, and B&Bs.
Ski resorts: The East's best skiing takes place in uncrowded, modern facilities, with great views and lots and lots of fresh snow.
Fall foliage: Perhaps the most vivid colors in North America wave from the trees in September and October, when the whole state is ablaze.
Gorgeous landscapes: This sparsely populated, heavily forested state is an ideal place to find peace and quiet amid the mountains, valleys, and lakes.
Tasty and healthy eats: The state's rich soil and focus on local farming and ingredients yields great cheeses, dairies, orchards, vineyards, local food resources, and restaurants.Updated: 08-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's