- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
On and around U.S. 7 in Rutland are strips of shopping centers and a seemingly endless row of traffic lights—very un-Vermont. Two blocks west, however, stand the mansions of the marble magnates. The county farmers' market is held in Depot Park Saturdays 9–2. Note: While Rutland is a good central base to grab a bite and see some interesting marble, it's not a place to spend too much time sightseeing.
Elsewhere in Central Vermont
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe