Horseback Riding in Zion National Park
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Outfitters and Expeditions
Canyon Trail Rides. Grab your hat and boots and see Zion Canyon the way the pioneers did—on the back of a horse or mule. Easygoing, one-hour and half-day guided rides are available, with a minimum age of 7 and 10 years, respectively. Maximum weight on either trip is 220 pounds. These friendly folks have been around for years, and they are the only outfitter for trail rides inside the park. Reservations are recommended and can be made via the company's website. Across the road from Zion Lodge, Zion National Park, UT, 84767. 435/679–8665. canyonrides.com. $40–$80 per person. Late Mar.–Oct.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe