It bears noting that the state of Utah switched to a four-day work week in 2009, so many government offices are closed on Friday, such as the Division of Motor Vehicles and legislative offices. It doesn't affect tourists much, however, as the Utah Office of Tourism (across the street from the state capitol) remains open six days a week.
Utah Office of Tourism. Council Hall, Capitol Hill, 300 N. State St., Salt Lake City, UT, 84114. 801/538-1030, 800/200-1160, or 800/882-4386. www.utah.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's