State sales tax is 4.65% in Utah. Most areas have additional local sales and lodging taxes, which can be quite significant. For example, in Salt Lake City the combined sales tax is 6.80%. Utah sales tax is reduced for some items, such as groceries.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's