- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Panguitch Lake. Reportedly, Panguitch Lake takes its name from a Paiute Indian word meaning "big fish." They may not all be big, but several types of trout are plentiful, and ice fishing is popular in winter. With 10 miles of shoreline you're sure to find a quiet spot to wet a line, or you can rent a boat for the day. Watch out that a bald eagle doesn't take your catch. Rte. 143, 17 mi south of Panguitch, Bryce Canyon National Park, UT, 84759. 435/676–2649. www.panguitchlake.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's