- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Gooseberry Mesa. The mountain biking trails on Gooseberry Mesa, 14 miles south of Hurricane, are not well traveled, which is good news and bad news. On the plus side, there are not hordes of fat-tire fanatics to spoil your view of the pristine desert wilderness. However, the trail itself, through gulches and canyons, and across slickrock, can be hard to follow. At most major challenges along the path, there are easier alternatives if you lose your nerve. Come here for solitary and technical single-track challenges. Gooseberry Mesa Rd., off Rte. 59, Hurricane, UT.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's