Southwestern Utah Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Go with the (lava) flow: As you hike along the lower trails of Snow Canyon State Park, look up to see ridges capped in lava from eruptions possibly as recent as 20,000 years ago.
Sit in a stagecoach: Check out the one restored stagecoach that visitors can hop aboard at Iron Mission State Park Museum.
Camp beneath the aspens: The 26 campgrounds in Dixie National Forest might seem like a lot, but it's still easy to lose yourself amid the forest's 2 million acres.
Pay your respects to the Bard: Watch the likes of Othello on a stage that replicates the Old Globe Theatre during the Utah Shakespearean Festival.
Walk where dinosaurs stepped: The St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm would be developed real estate if a backhoe hadn't unearthed ancient footprints in 2000.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe