- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Skiing and Snowboarding
At Brian Head Ski Resort eight lifts service 50 trails covering almost 500 acres of terrain, starting at a base elevation of 9,600 feet. The Peak Express snowcat takes expert skiers to the 11,300-foot summit of Brian Head Peak for access to ungroomed runs. A half-pipe, trails, and terrain park attract hordes of snowboarders. From the top you can see the red-rock cliffs of Cedar Breaks National Monument to the southwest. 329 S. Rte. 143, Brian Head, UT, 84719. 866/930-1010. www.brianhead.com. Lift tickets $45. Late Nov.-late Apr., daily 9:30-4:30.
The largest outfitter in town, Brianhead Sports caters to cyclists, skiers, and snowboarders with equipment and accessories for rent or purchase. The store runs a mountain-bike shuttle that's handy for riding area trails that end far from where they start. 269 S. Rte. 143, Brian Head, UT, 84719. 435/677-2014.
Down the road from Brian Head Resort, Georg's Ski Shop and Bikes has new and rental skis, snowboards, and bikes. 612 S. Rte. 143, Brian Head, UT, 84719. 435/677-2013.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Skiing and Snowboarding
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $429* & up -- Premium Economy to Boston from California, O/W Virgin America
- $99 -- Myrtle Beach Hotel w/Ocean Views, Reg. $239 BookIt.com
- $72-$96 -- Anaheim Hotel near Disney w/Breakfast, $100 Off BookIt.com
- $45 & up -- Florida's Gulf Coast: Deals up to 55% Off The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel
- $749 -- Weeklong Glacier Cruise on Norwegian, Save $210 CruisesOnly