- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Skiing and Snowboarding
At Brian Head Ski Resort eight lifts service 50 trails covering almost 500 acres of terrain, starting at a base elevation of 9,600 feet. The Peak Express snowcat takes expert skiers to the 11,300-foot summit of Brian Head Peak for access to ungroomed runs. A half-pipe, trails, and terrain park attract hordes of snowboarders. From the top you can see the red-rock cliffs of Cedar Breaks National Monument to the southwest. 329 S. Rte. 143, Brian Head, UT, 84719. 866/930–1010. www.brianhead.com. Lift tickets $45. Late Nov.–late Apr., daily 9:30–4:30.
The largest outfitter in town, Brianhead Sports caters to cyclists, skiers, and snowboarders with equipment and accessories for rent or purchase. The store runs a mountain-bike shuttle that's handy for riding area trails that end far from where they start. 269 S. Rte. 143, Brian Head, UT, 84719. 435/677-2014.
Down the road from Brian Head Resort, Georg's Ski Shop and Bikes has new and rental skis, snowboards, and bikes. 612 S. Rte. 143, Brian Head, UT, 84719. 435/677-2013.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Skiing and Snowboarding
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe