- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Calf Creek Falls is an easy 6-mi round-trip hike from the trailhead at Calf Creek Recreation Area. At the end of the trail, a large waterfall explodes over a cliff hundreds of feet above. 8 mi south of Boulder on Rte. 12, Boulder, UT, 84726.
If you want to take a few days to hike and backpack in Grand Staircase–Escalante National Monument, let the professionals at Escalante Canyon Outfitters guide you. Founded in 1991 by a husband-and-wife team with extensive knowledge of the area, the service provides some gear and all meals. 842 W. Rte. 12, Boulder, UT, 84716. 888/326–4453. www.ecohike.com.
Explore the slot canyons in the Boulder vicinity during the spring and fall on three to six individual day trips with Earth Tours Boulder, UT. 435/691-1241. www.earth-tours.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's