- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Locals say that Salt Lake City International Airport is closer to downtown than any major airport in the country. It's 7 mi northwest of downtown via I-80, or you can take North Temple Street, which leads to the city center. A taxi ride from the airport to town costs about $15. The Utah Transit Authority (UTA) runs buses between the airport and the city center. Some downtown hotels offer guests free shuttle service. Construction is under way for an aboveground light-rail line that is scheduled to open by 2013.
Salt Lake City International Airport. 801/575-2400 or 800/595-2442. www.slcairport.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $166 & Up: Cheap Salt Lake City Stay Save with Hotels.com, $62/night less
- Salt Lake City Savings! Book at Airport Inn Fr $72+/Nt Save with Expedia, $11/night less
- My Little Cottage Biggest Sale! 7 Nts + Air Fr $876 Travelocity
- $9.00 & up : Economy rentals in Salt Lake City Hotwire
- Super Low Salt Lake City Rate: Book Fr $145+/Nt — $145 Save with Hotels.com, $55/night less