- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Locals say that Salt Lake City International Airport is closer to downtown than any major airport in the country. It's 7 mi northwest of downtown via I-80, or you can take North Temple Street, which leads to the city center. A taxi ride from the airport to town costs about $15. The Utah Transit Authority (UTA) runs buses between the airport and the city center. Some downtown hotels offer guests free shuttle service. Construction is under way for an aboveground light-rail line that is scheduled to open by 2013.
Salt Lake City International Airport. 801/575-2400 or 800/595-2442. www.slcairport.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe