From 1908 to 1945 this sprawling redbrick structure held nearly 150 trolleys and electric trains for the Utah Light and Railway Company. As trolleys fell out of use, the facility was closed. In the early 1970s the mission-style edifice was completely overhauled. Today it's listed on the National Register of Historic Places and houses a Whole Foods Market in addition to dozens of boutiques and restaurants.
Oct 13, 2008
This used to be a trolley garage. It also apparently used to be a shopping and restaurant destination, but no longer -- the place is almost deserted (of both people and stores) and undergoing significant construction. Don't bother.