- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Utah, 4th Edition
Antelope Island State Park
At a Glance
- great way to experience Great Salt Lake
- wildlife viewing
- biting insects
- no shade
Check Rates from our Partners
Antelope Island State Park Review
The abundant wildlife—it's not uncommon for free-roaming buffalo to wander through campsites—excellent bird-watching, and well-maintained facilities more than make up for lack of shade at this quiet state-run campground. The $13 camping fee is in addition to the $9 park entrance fee.
- Address: 4528 W. 1700 South St., 25 mi north of Salt Lake City via I–15, Exit 335 to Syracuse, then west 7½ mi on causeway across Great Salt Lake Syracuse, UT 84075 | Map It
- Phone: 801/773–2941; 800/322–3770 reservations
- Website: www.stateparks.utah.gov
- Location: Antelope Island State Park
- 26 campsites without hookups.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In April 2013, my husband and I did a Utah and Arizona Grand Circle tour-covering the Grand Canyon, the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, Natural Bridges National Monument, The Needles and the Island Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
I'd like to start planning a 2014/2015 ski vacation with my husband, and 9 and 7 year olds. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more