- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Utah, 4th Edition
Antelope Island State Park
At a Glance
- great way to experience Great Salt Lake
- wildlife viewing
- biting insects
- no shade
Check Rates from our Partners
Antelope Island State Park Review
The abundant wildlife—it's not uncommon for free-roaming buffalo to wander through campsites—excellent bird-watching, and well-maintained facilities more than make up for lack of shade at this quiet state-run campground. The $13 camping fee is in addition to the $9 park entrance fee.
- Address: 4528 W. 1700 South St., 25 mi north of Salt Lake City via I–15, Exit 335 to Syracuse, then west 7½ mi on causeway across Great Salt Lake Syracuse, UT 84075 | Map It
- Phone: 801/773–2941; 800/322–3770 reservations
- Website: www.stateparks.utah.gov
- Location: Antelope Island State Park
- 26 campsites without hookups.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In April 2013, my husband and I did a Utah and Arizona Grand Circle tour-covering the Grand Canyon, the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, Natural Bridges National Monument, The Needles and the Island Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
Planning a trip to Utah's National Parks the end of June and would like help and suggestions for my itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more