Salt Lake City Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Temple Square: The Mormon Church is centered here in a beautifully landscaped four-square-block compound. The compound includes Salt Lake Temple, the spiritual capital and pilgrimage site for the faithful LDS members, and the Tabernacle famous for its Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Wasatch Front Mountains: Leave city life and enter cool canyons replete with fascinating topography, flora, and fauna.
Olympic Legacy: The "Light the Fire Within" theme of the 2002 Winter Games, is still seen everywhere. The games helped put Salt Lake City on the map as a tourist destination and there are plenty of ways to experience the excitement of the Winter Olympics.
Inland sea: Explore the Great Salt Lake by car or on foot or bicycle. If you're here in the summer, take a float off of the beaches at Antelope Island—the water is so salty it's impossible to sink!
Pow-pow-powder: Schuss the "greatest snow on earth" within 45 minutes of the airport at seven resorts.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe