Ice-Skating in Salt Lake City
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
One legacy of the Salt Lake Olympics is the ZAP tax (that has since been renewed) to fund Zoos, Arts, and Parks. As a result, there are some of the finest public facilities in the country here.
Choose to swim, jog, lift weights, play tennis, or ice-skate at the Cottonwood Heights Recreation Center. 7500 S. 2700 East St., The Suburbs, Salt Lake City, UT, 84121. 801/943-3160.
The 2002 Winter Olympics started an ice-skating boom. Find time on the ice at the Salt Lake City Sports Complex near the University of Utah. 645 Guardsman Way, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 84115. 801/583-9713.
Use the same ice as the 2002 Winter Olympians at the Utah Olympic Oval. 5662 S. 4800 West St., The Suburbs, Salt Lake City, UT, 84118. 801/968-6825.
The West Valley Accord Ice Center was the 2002 Winter Olympics practice hockey and skating rink. Call the center for public ice-skating times. 5353 W. 3100 South St., The Suburbs, Salt Lake City, UT, 84119. 801/966-0223.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe