- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Highway travel around the region is quick and easy. The major routes in the area include I-80, which runs from Salt Lake City to Park City; and U.S. 40/189, which connects Park City to Heber City and Provo. Along larger highways, roadside stops with restrooms, fast-food restaurants, and sundries stores are well spaced. Scenic routes and lookout points are clearly marked, enabling you to slow down and pull over to take in the views. Off the main highways, roads range from well-paved multilane blacktop routes to barely graveled backcountry trails. Watch out for wildlife on the highways. In resort towns like Park City, expect gas prices to be a bit higher than in neighboring cities.
Utah Highway Patrol, Mirror Lake area. 435/655-3445.
Utah Road Condition Information. 511 Salt Lake City area; 800/511-8824 within Utah. www.udot.utah.gov.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $429* & up -- Premium Economy to Boston from California, O/W Virgin America
- $99 -- Myrtle Beach Hotel w/Ocean Views, Reg. $239 BookIt.com
- $72-$96 -- Anaheim Hotel near Disney w/Breakfast, $100 Off BookIt.com
- $45 & up -- Florida's Gulf Coast: Deals up to 55% Off The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel
- $749 -- Weeklong Glacier Cruise on Norwegian, Save $210 CruisesOnly