- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Highway travel around the region is quick and easy. The major routes in the area include I-80, which runs from Salt Lake City to Park City; and U.S. 40/189, which connects Park City to Heber City and Provo. Along larger highways, roadside stops with restrooms, fast-food restaurants, and sundries stores are well spaced. Scenic routes and lookout points are clearly marked, enabling you to slow down and pull over to take in the views. Off the main highways, roads range from well-paved multilane blacktop routes to barely graveled backcountry trails. Watch out for wildlife on the highways. In resort towns like Park City, expect gas prices to be a bit higher than in neighboring cities.
Utah Highway Patrol, Mirror Lake area. 435/655–3445.
Utah Road Condition Information. 511 Salt Lake City area; 800/511–8824 within Utah. www.udot.utah.gov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's