When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
One of the best reasons to vacation in the Wasatch is that a short drive from the valleys to the mountains will make you feel like you're getting two seasons in a single day. Winter is long in the mountains, but surprisingly short in the valleys and ski resorts buzz from December to early April. In March, when snow is still piling up at the ski resorts, you can golf, hike, bike, or fish in any of the Wasatch valleys or foothills. If you don't mind sometimes capricious weather, spring and fall are opportune seasons to visit. Rates drop and crowds are nonexistent. Spring is a good time for fishing, rafting on rivers swollen with snowmelt, birding, and wildlife-viewing. Hikers hit the backcountry from June through Labor Day.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's