- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Utah, 4th Edition
Kimi's Mountainside Bistro
Kimi's Mountainside Bistro Review
Excellent pizzas from a wood-fired oven and creative dishes like penne rigate with roasted mushrooms, sweet onions, and Gorgonzola crème make this Solitude Village restaurant a good choice for families. The chanterelle mushroom soup with apple-wood bacon and lingonberries is popular. A seasonal approach keeps the cuisine fresh, with duck, rabbit, pheasant, elk, and lamb gracing the menu in winter. The patio is a retreat from Salt Lake Valley's summer heat, but bring a sweater—when the sun goes down, you'll need it.
- Address: 12000 Big Cottonwood Canyon Rd., UT 84121 | Map It
- Phone: 801/536–5787
- Website: www.kimismountainsidebistro.com
- Location: Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Apr.–early June and mid-Oct.–mid-Nov.; early June–mid-Oct., closed Mon. and Tues. and no lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In April 2013, my husband and I did a Utah and Arizona Grand Circle tour-covering the Grand Canyon, the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, Natural Bridges National Monument, The Needles and the Island Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
I'd like to start planning a 2014/2015 ski vacation with my husband, and 9 and 7 year olds. Read more
· News & Features
This friendly resort destination makes for a great getaway in late winter or early spring, with ski slopes ... Read more
Plenty of mountain towns have craft breweries, but many now boast craft distilleries, too.... Read more
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski,... Read more