- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kimi's Mountainside Bistro
Kimi's Mountainside Bistro Review
Excellent pizzas from a wood-fired oven and creative dishes like penne rigate with roasted mushrooms, sweet onions, and Gorgonzola crème make this Solitude Village restaurant a good choice for families. The chanterelle mushroom soup with apple-wood bacon and lingonberries is popular. A seasonal approach keeps the cuisine fresh, with duck, rabbit, pheasant, elk, and lamb gracing the menu in winter. The patio is a retreat from Salt Lake Valley's summer heat, but bring a sweater—when the sun goes down, you'll need it.
- Address: 12000 Big Cottonwood Canyon Rd., UT 84121 | Map It
- Phone: 801/536–5787
- Website: www.kimismountainsidebistro.com
- Location: Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Apr.–early June and mid-Oct.–mid-Nov.; early June–mid-Oct., closed Mon. and Tues. and no lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Thanksgiving cooking is calling so I will keep this brief. Read more
Took the kids (ages 11 and 8) down to Bryce Canyon for Fall Break. Read more
What city is warm year round and can access a lot of the city without driving or at least be able to get to and from home and job without driving. Read more
· News & Features
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, ... Read more
For every reason to visit Park City, Utah, amidst snowy landscapes, there's an equally good one to justify... Read more
There's no reason not to hit the slopes once the snow has melted away on the foothills—Park City's... Read more