- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Utah, 4th Edition
Shallow Shaft Review
For fine Angus beef, wild game, seafood, poultry, and pasta dishes, Alta's only sit-down restaurant not in a hotel is the place to go. The small interior is cozy, with a sandy color scheme and walls adorned with 19th-century mining tools found on the mountain. The cuisine has a regional focus, with dishes like smoked Utah trout cakes or bison tenderloin. The restaurant makes its own ice cream daily.
- Address: 10199 E. Hwy. 210, across from Alta Lodge Alta, UT 84092 | Map It
- Phone: 801/742–2177
- Website: www.shallowshaft.com
- Location: Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Oct.–early Nov. and May. Closed Mon.–Wed. June–Sept. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In April 2013, my husband and I did a Utah and Arizona Grand Circle tour-covering the Grand Canyon, the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, Natural Bridges National Monument, The Needles and the Island Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
I'd like to start planning a 2014/2015 ski vacation with my husband, and 9 and 7 year olds. Read more
· News & Features
This friendly resort destination makes for a great getaway in late winter or early spring, with ski slopes ... Read more
Plenty of mountain towns have craft breweries, but many now boast craft distilleries, too.... Read more
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski,... Read more