- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- close to Alta's steep-and-deep slopes, views of the Wasatch Mountains, pleasant staff
- cinderblock hallways recall college dorms
Alta Lodge Review
Built in 1939, this is the original lodge at Alta Ski Area. Wings were added later with wall-to-wall windows for excellent views. This is a homey place, where many families have been booking the same week each year for several generations. Upstairs, the Sitzmark Club is a casual, quiet place for an après-ski cocktail. The saunas and hot pools help work out the kinks after a day on the slopes. For price-conscious guests, the Alta Lodge offers a bed in a dorm room for $132. The dining room is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in winter and for Saturday lunch and Sunday brunch in summer. Breakfast and dinner are included in the winter lodging price, even for dorm-room guests. Children can join in free post-skiing activities and just-for-kids dinners.
- Address: 10230 Little Cottonwood Canyon Rd., Alta, UT 84092 | Map It
- Phone: 801/742–3500; 800/707–2582
- Website: www.altalodge.com
- Location: Little Cottonwood Canyon
- 53 rooms, 4 dorms, 5 share bath.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Apr.–May and early Oct.–mid-Nov.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Thanksgiving cooking is calling so I will keep this brief. Read more
Took the kids (ages 11 and 8) down to Bryce Canyon for Fall Break. Read more
What city is warm year round and can access a lot of the city without driving or at least be able to get to and from home and job without driving. Read more
· News & Features
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, ... Read more
For every reason to visit Park City, Utah, amidst snowy landscapes, there's an equally good one to justify... Read more
There's no reason not to hit the slopes once the snow has melted away on the foothills—Park City's... Read more