- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Utah, 4th Edition
At a Glance
- close to Alta's steep-and-deep slopes, views of the Wasatch Mountains, pleasant staff
- cinderblock hallways recall college dorms
Check Rates from our Partners
Alta Lodge Review
Built in 1939, this is the original lodge at Alta Ski Area. Wings were added later with wall-to-wall windows for excellent views. This is a homey place, where many families have been booking the same week each year for several generations. Upstairs, the Sitzmark Club is a casual, quiet place for an après-ski cocktail. The saunas and hot pools help work out the kinks after a day on the slopes. For price-conscious guests, the Alta Lodge offers a bed in a dorm room for $132. The dining room is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in winter and for Saturday lunch and Sunday brunch in summer. Breakfast and dinner are included in the winter lodging price, even for dorm-room guests. Children can join in free post-skiing activities and just-for-kids dinners.
- Address: 10230 Little Cottonwood Canyon Rd., Alta, UT 84092 | Map It
- Phone: 801/742–3500; 800/707–2582
- Website: www.altalodge.com
- Location: Little Cottonwood Canyon
- 53 rooms, 4 dorms, 5 share bath.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Apr.–May and early Oct.–mid-Nov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In April 2013, my husband and I did a Utah and Arizona Grand Circle tour-covering the Grand Canyon, the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, Natural Bridges National Monument, The Needles and the Island Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
Any advice on renting a houseboat on Lake Powell? Read more
· News & Features
This friendly resort destination makes for a great getaway in late winter or early spring, with ski slopes... Read more
Plenty of mountain towns have craft breweries, but many now boast craft distilleries, too.... Read more
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski,... Read more