- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You'll find 11 public courses within Utah Valley, ranging from canyon or mountain settings to relatively flat and easy-to-walk terrain. Tee times are usually easy to get, and greens fees are reasonable.
The canyon setting at affordable Hobble Creek Golf Course makes for a beautiful day no matter how you play, particularly in fall, when the hills explode with color. Hobble E. Creek Canyon Rd., east of Springville, Provo, UT, 84663. 801/489-6297.
The 18 holes at the Reserve at East Bay, near Utah Lake, give golfers a chance to meander along ponds and spot birds. 1860 S. East Bay Blvd., Provo, UT, 84601. 801/373-6262.
The popular 18-hole Johnny Miller–designed golf course at Thanksgiving Point is a championship course geared toward intermediate and advanced players. 3300 W. Clubhouse Dr., Lehi, Provo, UT, 84043. 801/768–7401. www.thanksgivingpoint.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe