- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
If you're arriving at Salt Lake City, a rental car or shuttle bus will get you to Park City in about 45 minutes. Park City has a free transit system running between neighborhoods and to the ski resorts. It operates from 7:30 am to 10:30 pm during summer and winter. The schedule is more limited in fall and spring, so be sure to check schedules at the Transit Center on Swede Alley or on the buses themselves.
Old Town is walkable, but the rest of the greater Park City is best explored by car. Traffic is relatively minimal and limited to slowdowns during morning and evening commutes and the post-ski exodus from the resorts. There are several local taxi businesses, including local artist Zafod's Music Taxi. He encourages passengers to sing along karaoke-style for the length of the ride.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe