- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The mountain-fed waters of the Provo and Weber rivers and several smaller streams near Park City are prime trout habitat.
See Chris Kunkel, owner of the Park City Fly Shop, for good advice, guide service, and a modest selection of fly-fishing necessities. 2065 Sidewinder Dr., Park City, UT, 84060. 435/645–8382 or 800/324–6778. www.parkcityflyshop.com.
Jon "Harley" Jackson and the rest of the fly-fishing experts at Trout Bum 2, Park City's full-service fly shop, can outfit you with everything you need, then guide you to where the fish are. 4343 N. Rte. 224, Suite 101, Park City, UT, 84098. 435/658–1166 or 877/878–2862. www.troutbum2.com.
George "Squid" Sideris knows fishing gear at Jans Mountain Outfitters, and a team of guides, led by Jeremy Rogers, helps you find the best spots for making the most of those rods and reels. Jans guides also give free casting lessons at the Deer Valley ponds on Mondays at 5 from Memorial Day to Labor Day. 1600 Park Ave., Park City, UT, 84060. 435/649–4949. www.jans.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's