- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you don't mind paying for it, the best way to find untracked Utah powder is with Wasatch Powderbird Guides. A helicopter drops you on the top of the mountain and a guide leads you back down. A full day costs $910 in low season and $1,050 in high season. Book early for a slightly discounted rate. Hwy. 210, Snowbird, UT, 84092. 801/742–2800. www.powderbird.com.
Strong intermediate and advanced skiers can hook up with the Ski Utah Interconnect Adventure Tour for a guided alpine ski tour that takes you to as many as six resorts (Deer Valley, Park City, Brighton, Solitude, Alta, and Snowbird) in a single day, all connected by backcountry ski routes with unparalleled views of the Wasatch Mountains. Guides test your ski ability before departure. The tour includes guide service, lift tickets, lunch, and transportation back to the point of origin and costs $250. You'll even walk away with a finisher's pin. The Deer Valley Departure Tour operates Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; the Snowbird Departure Tour operates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Reservations are required. UT. 801/534–1907. www.skiutah.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's