- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Most visitors approach the valley from Ogden. Pineview Reservoir lies at the center of the valley, and resembles an airplane with the nose pointing west, and arms of the lake extending north and south. The town of Huntsville lies on the eastern edge of the reservoir. You can circle the reservoir in about 30 minutes by car, although it's tempting to stop for the beaches, boat access, milk shakes, and more.
Trapper's Loop (Highway 167) is the scenic shortcut expanded for the 2002 Olympics from I-84 to the south end of the reservoir. It's beautiful in spring and fall, and well maintained for access to Snowbasin ski resort in the winter.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's