- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Many of the beautiful hikes in the Ogden Valley enable you to discover ski terrain in the off season.
Starting at 6,500 feet and ending at 9,600 feet, the moderate 2.5-mi trail (one-way) from the upper parking lot at Snowbasin leads to the saddle south of Mount Ogden. Hikers pass through bowls filled with colorful summer wildflowers. Several U.S. Forest Service trails branch off from trails at the resort. Ogden, UT.
For detailed trail maps and information, contact the Ogden Ranger District of the Wasatch-Cache National Forest at 801/236-3400, or if you're at Snowbasin you can get maps in the Grizzly Center.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's