When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
Northern Utah offers four seasons of outdoor fun, just be prepared for hot summer days and extremely cold winter nights. Spring brings vistas of verdant pastures under the still snowcapped mountains. Hot summer afternoons prepare you for a dip in Bear Lake followed by an evening at the Festival Opera. On crisp fall days breathtaking hues of red scrub oak, orange maple, and bright yellow aspen rub shoulders with blue-green firs. Winter is the domain of skiers, snowshoers, and snowmobilers. This region drops dozens of inches of snow annually in the valleys and hundreds of inches in the mountains. You'll never battle hordes of tourists in this less-discovered part of the state, but you might have to wait in a line of locals for a raspberry shake at Bear Lake on a hot summer weekend.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's