- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Union Station Review
Incorporating elements of Ogden's original 1870s train depot, which was destroyed by fire in 1923, the impressive Spanish Revival station (built in 1924) houses several museums, two art galleries, a restaurant, gift shop, and visitor center.
The John M. Browning Firearms Museum in Union Station showcases Browning's gun inventions, many of which were built by Winchester, Colt, Remington, and others to become the firearms of choice in the Old West before Browning formed his own company. Original models and working prototypes of many of these weapons are displayed. theunionstation.org/browningmuseum.html.
At the Browning-Kimball Classic Car Museum, almost 60 unique restored cars are on display, including a single-cylinder 1901 Oldsmobile and a Cadillac that weighs 3 tons. theunionstation.org/carmuseum.html.
Among the resources inside Ogden's Union Station is a USDA Public Lands Information office that can answer myriad questions about National Forest Service lands, activities, fees, and passes for the Intermountain region. The region encompasses Nevada, Utah, and parts of Idaho and Wyoming. 801/625-5306. www.fs.fed.us/r4/. Weekdays 8:30-4:30.
The Utah State Railroad Museum has well-documented exhibits that explain all phases of Utah's railroad history through displays and interpretive signs. You can also watch model trains run through depictions of the transcontinental railroad route. The high point of the museum is the Eccles Rail Center, an outdoor exhibit of several dozen restored train cars, engines, and cabooses that date from the late 1800s up to the 2002 Olympic Games cauldron car. theunionstation.org/museumsrailroad.html.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $65.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Logan Hotwire
- Book the SpringHill Suites Logan 3 Nts in May Fr $154+/Nt Expedia
- Logan Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Comfort Inn Fr $99+/Nt — $99 Expedia
- Book the Crystal Inn & Suites - Logan 3 Nts in May Fr $100+/Nt — $100 Save with Expedia, $16/night less
Just back from 10 wonderful days in southern Utah, where I spent 3 days in Zion and 2 days in Bryce, and capped them off with 4 days at the Red Mountain Resort near Snow Canyon State Park in St. Read more
April 22 - 26 2013 was National Park Week providing free entrance to America's National Parks. Read more
I have never visited the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon or Yellowstone . Read more
· News & Features
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more