- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Considered by many to be one of the best golf courses in the state, Birch Creek Golf Course is long and exceptionally well maintained. The clubhouse has one of the best views in Cache Valley. There's a full-service pro shop with custom club fitting and a PGA pro. Greens fees for the par-72 course are $26 on weekdays, $28 on weekends. 550 E. 100 North St., Smithfield, UT, 84335. 435/563-6825. www.birchcreekgolf.com.
The Logan River Golf Course is also a wetlands preserve, as you'll discover when your ball plops irretrievably into one of the many cattail marshes. It's a very challenging course (par 71); the front nine has a tighter width, while the back nine has a tighter length. For $13 you can play 9 holes walking; $26 for 18 holes. Riding, it's $25 and $50, respectively. 550 W. 1000 South, Logan, UT, 84321. 435/750-0123. www.loganutah.org.
Roving herds of mule deer are the biggest hazard at the 9-hole Sherwood Hills Golf Course, but you can't beat the mountain setting. Greens fees for the par-36 course are $14 per person, $7 per person per cart. 7877 S. U.S. 89/91, 14 mi southwest of Logan, Wellsville, UT, 84339. 435/245-6055. www.sherwoodhills.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Logan this May Fr $99+/Nt Expedia
- $65.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Logan Hotwire
- SpringHill Suites Logan on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $143+/Nt — $143 Expedia
- Book the Crystal Inn & Suites - Logan 3 Nts in May Fr $101+/Nt — $101 Save with Expedia, $16/night less