- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Considered by many to be one of the best golf courses in the state, Birch Creek Golf Course is long and exceptionally well maintained. The clubhouse has one of the best views in Cache Valley. There's a full-service pro shop with custom club fitting and a PGA pro. Greens fees for the par-72 course are $26 on weekdays, $28 on weekends. 550 E. 100 North St., Smithfield, UT, 84335. 435/563-6825. www.birchcreekgolf.com.
The Logan River Golf Course is also a wetlands preserve, as you'll discover when your ball plops irretrievably into one of the many cattail marshes. It's a very challenging course (par 71); the front nine has a tighter width, while the back nine has a tighter length. For $13 you can play 9 holes walking; $26 for 18 holes. Riding, it's $25 and $50, respectively. 550 W. 1000 South, Logan, UT, 84321. 435/750-0123. www.loganutah.org.
Roving herds of mule deer are the biggest hazard at the 9-hole Sherwood Hills Golf Course, but you can't beat the mountain setting. Greens fees for the par-36 course are $14 per person, $7 per person per cart. 7877 S. U.S. 89/91, 14 mi southwest of Logan, Wellsville, UT, 84339. 435/245-6055. www.sherwoodhills.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's