Getting Here and Around in Bear Lake State Park
Getting Here and Around
Perhaps the remote nature of Bear Lake explains why it's such a well-kept secret in the west. About the only way to get here is by driving 41 mi on U.S. 89 from Logan. Once you're here, it can take and hour and a half or longer to circle the lake by car, especially if it's a busy summer weekend; and it may be impossible in the winter due to weather. Services are limited, and clustered on the lake's western shore. Garden City (population 357 in 2000) is the largest town and is the place to stock up on gas, basic groceries, and other supplies. Otherwise, it's mostly no-stoplight communities on the lakefront.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's