- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Owned and operated by the same family since 1939, Beaver Mountain Ski Area offers skiing as it was before it became a rich man's sport. A terrain park invites aerial tricks. There aren't any trendy nightspots at the foot of this mountain, just an old-fashioned A-frame lodge with burgers and chili. In summer, Beaver Mountain has Logan Canyon's only camping with RV hookups. 40000 E. U.S. 89, Bear Lake State Park, UT, 84028. 435/753-4822 or 435/563-5677. www.skithebeav.com. Lift tickets $40. 1,600-ft vertical drop; 664 skiable acres; 45 runs; 35% beginner, 40% intermediate, 25% advanced; 2 double chairs, 2 triple chairs, 1 surface lift.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe