- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
To reach southeastern Utah from Salt Lake City, take I-15 to U.S. 6 and then U.S. 191 south. Take I-70 or U.S. 491 from Colorado and the east. Take U.S. 191 from either Wyoming or Arizona. Most roads are well-maintained two-lane highways, though snow can be a factor during winter travel. Be sure your car is in good working order, as there are long stretches of empty road between towns, and keep the gas tank topped off.
Utah State Road Conditions. 511 toll-free within Utah.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Moab Hotwire
- May deal: Rodeway Inn & Suites Landmark Inn Fr $150+/Nt Expedia
- $68.99 & up : Full Size rentals in Moab Hotwire
- Book in Moab: Save at the Ramada Moab Downtown in May Fr $227+/Nt — $227 Expedia
- $62.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Moab — $63 Hotwire