When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
The most enjoyable times to be in this section of Utah are the beginning and end of high season, right before (March) or directly after (October) the huge summer swells of visitors. April and May have the best weather, but also the most visitors. May to September is the best time to hit the river, but is also when the towns and national parks are swollen with people, and the temperatures can be downright fiery. From the beginning of November through the end of February some restaurants and stores shut down, and things can get eerily quiet. To compensate, almost all hotels offer steep discounts (sometimes as much as 40% off high-season prices), which can make visiting in the off-season a steal.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's