- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
While Moab is fairly friendly to bikes and pedestrians, the only practical way to reach it is by car. If you're coming from the south, U.S. 191 runs straight into Moab. If you're arriving from Salt Lake City, travel 50 mi via I–15 then go 150 mi southeast via U.S. 6 and finally 30 mi south via U.S. 191. Signs for Moab will be obvious past Green River. If you happen to be approaching from the east on U.S. 70, you can treat yourself to a drive that will knock your socks off. Take Exit 214 into the ghost town of Cisco, and then drive down Colorado River Scenic Byway—Route 128 into Moab. The views of the river, rocks, and mesas are second to none.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's