- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rock climbing—or simply climbing, as most who do it call it—is an integral part of Moab culture. The area's rock walls and towers bring climbers from around the world, and a surprising number end up sticking around.
Outfitters and Expeditions
Desert Highlights. The only permitted canyoneering guide service in Arches, this outfitter can introduce you to the exciting sport of rock climbing. They offer easy to moderately difficult trips and know all the best places to take you and your family for a unique canyon-country adventure. Eight is the minimum age for children. 50 E. Center St., Moab, UT, 84532. 435/259–4433 or 800/747–1342. www.deserthighlights.com.
Pagan Mountaineering. Climbers in need of gear and advice on local terrain should chat up the friendly staff here. 59 S. Main St., # 2, Moab, UT, 84532. 435/259–1117. www.paganmountaineering.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's