- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tiny Mexican Hat lies on the north bank of the San Juan River. Named for a nearby rock formation, which you can't miss on the way into town, Mexican Hat is a jumping-off point for visiting two geological wonders: Utah's Goosenecks and Arizona's Monument Valley. Magnificent Monument Valley, stretching to the south into Arizona, is home to many generations of Navajo farmers, but is most recognizable to non-Native Americans from old Westerns.
Mexican Hat at a Glance
Elsewhere in Moab and Southeastern Utah
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe