- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
River Float Trips
Bearing little resemblance to its name, Desolation Canyon acquaints those who venture down the Green River with some of the last true American wilderness. This journey takes you through a lush, verdant canyon, where the rapids promise more laughter than fear and trembling. It's a favorite destination of canoe paddlers, kayakers, and beginning rafters. May through September raft trips through Gray-Desolation Canyon are popular, and can be arranged by outfitters in Green River or Moab. South of town the river drifts at a lazier pace through Labyrinth and Stillwater canyons, and the 68-mi stretch of river that runs south to Mineral Bottom in Canyonlands National Park is best suited to canoes and motorized boats.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's