Getting Here and Around in Vernal
Getting Here and Around
Though far from pretty much everything, it's simple to reach Vernal. From Green River, go 75 mi north via U.S. 191. From Salt Lake City, first go 25 mi via I-80, then go 145 mi east via U.S. 40/U.S. 191.
Vernal is packed to the gills with dinosaur replicas, but none are as famous as the tall, pink one towering over U.S. 40 on the east side of town. Dinah, as she's known around town, has long eyelashes and a girlish smile, and has become Vernal's unofficial mascot over the years. She was originally built in the early 1970s to hold the sign for the now-defunct Dine-A-Ville motel. After that venture went belly-up, the city took over her care and eventually moved her to the current location.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's