- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Red Fleet State Park, like the other reservoirs in the region, is great for boating and fishing. What really attracts visitors are the colorful sandstone formations surrounding the lake. In addition, a section of 200-million-year-old dinosaur tracks can be reached by a short hike or by boat, and camping is available. Day use is $5. 10 mi north of Vernal off U.S. 191, Vernal, UT, 84078. 435/789-4432. www.stateparks.utah.gov.
Boating and waterskiing enthusiasts love Steinaker Lake State Park. More than 2 mi long, Steinaker Reservoir relinquishes a fair number of largemouth bass and rainbow trout. There's a sandy swimming beach, hiking trails begin at the park, and wildlife-viewing areas are nearby. A campground and covered group pavilions make this a popular park. You'll pay $5 for day use. U.S. 191, 7 mi north of Vernal, Vernal, UT, 84078. 435/789-4432. www.stateparks.utah.gov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's