- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Because Dinosaurland is less well known than other parts of the state, bikers can often escape the crowds and enjoy some scenic solitude. The area has some 200 mi of trails. Bring plenty of water and sunblock.
To talk to knowledgeable cyclists about local trails off the beaten path, stop in at Altitude Cycle, where they can set you up with trail guides, repairs, and accessories. 580 E. Main St., Vernal, UT, 84078. 435/781-2595. www.altitudecycle.com.
You'll find family-friendly biking trails with great vistas and opportunities for seeing some of Utah's diverse wildlife in Browns Park, with trailheads near the John Jarvie Ranch. Browns Park, UT. 435/885-3307.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe