- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Thousands of visitors annually come to Price to look at Utah's prehistoric past in the College of Eastern Utah Prehistoric Museum. Like many Utah towns, Price began as a Mormon farming settlement in the late 1800s. In 1883 the railroad arrived, bringing immigrants from around the world to mine coal reserves. Mining became the town's primary industry, which it remains to this day.
Price at a Glance
- Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry
- College of Eastern Utah Prehistoric Museum
- Indian Canyon Scenic Byway
Elsewhere in Dinosaurland and Eastern Utah
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's