- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mirror Lake Scenic Byway
Although the Wasatch may be Utah's best-known mountain range, the Uinta Mountains, the only major east-west mountain range in the United States, are its tallest, topped by 13,528-foot Kings Peak. The Uinta Mountains area, particularly in the High Uintas Wilderness, where no vehicles are allowed, is prime country for pack trips, horseback day rides, hiking, and overnight backpacking between late June and September. The Uintas are ribboned with streams, and they have hundreds of small lakes set in rolling meadows.
Mirror Lake Scenic Byway at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Dinosaurland and Eastern Utah
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's