- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
From Vernal, getting to the gorge is a straight shot north via U.S. 191. Follow the highway for about 38 mi, which will take you into some magnificent country at high elevations. Then simply follow the signs to the gorge. The road will veer downward for a few miles before you reach it. From Salt Lake City, go 30 mi east via I-80 past Evanston, Wyoming. Take the Fort Bridge exit, and drive to Manila via Highway 414. Once in Manila, turn right on Highway 44 for 38 mi until you reach U.S. 191. From there, follow the signs to the gorge.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's