- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dinosaur National Monument
Dinomania rules at this 330-square-mi park that straddles the Utah-Colorado border. While the main draws are obviously the ancient dinosaur fossils, the park's setting is something to savor as well. From craggy rock formations to waving grasslands to the Green and Yampa rivers, there is a lot to take in. The best part is that complete solitude is easy to find, as desolate wilderness surrounds even the busiest spots within the park.
Dinosaur National Monument at a Glance
Elsewhere in Dinosaurland and Eastern Utah
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's