Fodor's Utah, 4th Edition
Upheaval Dome Review
This mysterious crater is one of the wonders of Island in the Sky. Some geologists believe it's an eroded salt dome, but others have theorized that it was made by a meteorite. To see it, you'll have to walk about a mile, round-trip, to the first overlook. Energetic visitors should continue to the second overlook as well for a better perspective.
- Address: Off Upheaval Dome Rd., 11 miles from park entrance, Island in the Sky, Canyonlands National Park, UT 84532
- Location: Canyonlands National Park
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In April 2013, my husband and I did a Utah and Arizona Grand Circle tour-covering the Grand Canyon, the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, Natural Bridges National Monument, The Needles and the Island Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
We will be in southern Utah next week. Read more
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more